Tea Monkey - Sustainability and Environmental Policy Statement
Tea Monkey Limited is committed to leading the industry in minimising the impact of its activities on the environment.
The key points of its strategy to achieve this are:
- Minimise waste by evaluating operations and ensuring they are as efficient as possible.
- Minimise toxic emissions through the selection and use of our fleet and the source of its power requirement.
- Actively promote recycling both internally and amongst our customers and suppliers.
- Meet or exceed all the environmental legislation that relates to the Company.
- Accept responsibility for the harmful effects our operations have on both the local and global environment and ensure we are committed to reducing them.
- Measure our impact on the environment and set targets for ongoing improvement.
- Comply with all relevant environmental legislation.
- Implement a training program for our staff to raise awareness of environmental issues and enlist their support in improving the Company’s performance.
- Encourage the adoption of similar principles by our suppliers and associates.
Our Sustainability Policy is based upon the following principles:
- To comply with and exceed, where practicable, all applicable legislation, regulations and codes of practice.
- To integrate sustainability considerations into all our business decisions.
- To ensure that all staff are fully aware of our Sustainability Policy and are committed to implementing and improving it.
- To minimise the impact on sustainability of all shop, officve and transportation activities.
- To make clients and suppliers aware of our Sustainability Policy and encourage them to adopt sound sustainable management practices,
- To review and to strive to improve our sustainability performance,
Practical steps - In order to put these principles into practice we will:
Travel and meetings:
- Walk, cycle and/or use public transport to attend meetings, site visits etc, apart from in circumstances where the alternatives are impractical and/or cost prohibitive.
- Share transport if possible,
- Avoid or reduce physically travelling to meetings etc where alternatives are available and practical, such as using teleconferencing or video conferencing, and efficient timing of meetings to avoid multiple trips.
- Reduce annual car mileage.
- Replace company cars with more efficient models as they become due for replacement.